Our firm has filed a lawsuit against Best Buy for failing to protect our client against rampant, disgusting sexual harassment (including sexual assault), and then firing her in retaliation for complaining about it. Originally bound by an arbitration agreement, our client went straight to the top, writing an open letter to the Best Buy CEO. The letter worked, and our case now proceeds in court. Check back here for updates and continuing coverage.
- Our client’s powerful letter to the Best Buy CEO, explaining why mandatory arbitration is so problematic for survivors
- Our court complaint filed in New York State Supreme Court, New York County
- Emily Peck broke the story in an outstanding front-page HuffPo article
- Carrie Baker masterfully weaved the narrative into a front-page story in Ms. Magazine
- Read Sarah’s letter to Senator Gillibrand
- Input spoke to Sarah and Susan for a featured piece looking into a number of harassment cases filed by Best Buy employees