From being the smartest kid in her kindergarten class, to getting a black belt in kung fu, to being her high school’s first female wrestler, it was no accident that Susan became a lifelong feminist constantly aware of the differential treatment that we women continue to face.
Today, women continue to make less money than men, continue to take on the majority of household and family responsibilities. We face physical violence at a much greater rate than men do, let alone the constant microaggressions like cat-calling, mansplaining and “hepeating”. And we continue to suffer unfair expectations that we soothe and stroke men’s egos by acting deferential and making ourselves smaller and quieter. We are proud to fight sexual harassment, pay inequity, and all other forms of gender discrimination in the workplace.
WHY REACH OUT TO US?
- Someone at work is making me uncomfortable with inappropriate behavior
- I suspect my male colleagues are making more money than I am
- I think my boss is sexist
- I’m dealing with a hostile work environment
- Someone at work is sexually harassing me
- I was sexually assaulted at work
- I’m being stereotyped as a working mom or dad
- My employer thinks parenting is for women and doesn’t respect my obligations as a dad
Very communicative and supportive! Would highly recommend.